Graduate School of
- Japanese Language Education
- Students will acquire advanced knowledge in Japanese language, Japanese language education, and theories and concepts in Second Language Acquisition. Students will graduate from this course as effective and self-aware educators.
- Translation and Interpretation
- Students develop skills and knowledge in Japanese-English, Japanese-Chinese and Japanese-Korean translation and interpretation. Translation courses teach toward specialized content areas, including culture and society, and literature. Interpretation courses are divided into levels according to the language proficiency of participants.
- The TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program focuses on communicative language teaching theory, methodology and practice. The required courses include English structure, course design and materials development. Students obtaining the required credits will receive the JIU Certificate in TESOL.