Josai International University
February 29, 2020
In order to combat the new coronavirus infection, the Josai International University Crisis Response Headquarters was established on January 30. Through the University's website, the university's responses on announcements and alerts including the implementation and modification and alterations of various activities and events at the university. This page summarizes the information about the new coronavirus infection. To students, faculty and staff members, including those students who plan to enter the university in 2020, do also note that information on the infectious disease changes from moment to moment, therefore, to please kindly check the university website regularly.
We also ask that you review the information from your national and local governments and take appropriate action. Please contact your local telephone service desk for consultations on new coronavirus infections, prevention of infection, and any concerns when you may have. If you have a fever or respiratory symptoms, you should consult a medical institution. Please contact the Returnees and Contact Consultation Center and follow the instructions. Refer to "Guidelines for consultations about the new coronavirus infections" for consultation guidelines. If the infection is diagnosed, please contact your affiliated department (faculty, graduate school, etc.) or the Student Affairs Department of the University Health Center (Infirmary) at the same time. If you do not know the correspondence, please contact us.【Chiba Prefecture Website】
1. Spring Matriculation Ceremony 2020 (scheduled to be held on April 2, 2020) and 2020 New Academic Year Events
New academic year events, such as the 2020 Spring Matriculation Ceremony and 2020 Orientation / Guidance, scheduled for Thursday, April 2, are currently scheduled to be held as planned. However, be assured that there will be some changes in the future, therefore, students, including those who plan to enter the University in 2020, should regularly visit the University website and view the related announcements.
2. Make-up examinations
For make-up examinations, we are working on adjustments to respond to changes to some reports, etc. For subjects that have changed from exams to reports, the JIU Portal's reporting system will be utilized. As for the information on changes, updates will be posted on the "Fall Semester Make-up Examination Report Assignment List" on the University's Web page "Announcements form Current Students" and "Notices from the Faculty Offices" from Wednesday, March 4. The relevant person will also be contacted directly by the faculty member in charge of the subject. Other than that, we plan to carefully and thoroughly observe the infection preventive measures and conduct the make-up examinations.
3. Extracurricular Activities
In the viewpoint of consideration for the health and safety of participants and avoidance of infection risk, henceforth, the University strongly requests that you refrain from active extracurricular activities until Sunday, March 22nd. For more information, please refer to the following website.
4. Events other than the above-mentioned ones at the University
(1) The entrance examination scheduled for March this year is scheduled to be implemented with due care in taking infection preventive measures at this time.
(2) Henceforth until Sunday, March 22nd, conducting, cancellations, postponements of various events at the University will be judged by the following criteria from the viewpoint of consideration for the health and safety of participants and avoidance of infection risk.
1) Avoid events of a certain sizes or larger, where you are likely to come into contact with an unspecified number of people.
2) Avoid events and gatherings with contents of the possibility of intense contact between participants.
3) Avoid events and gatherings that are expected to be attended by those who are considered to have a high risk of becoming severe.
Please note that at the latest, on or after Thursday, March 19th, you will be informed with responses from Monday, March 23rd onwards.
(3) With regard to events and gatherings organized by the University under the above policy, the Implementation Department will consider the related implementation, cancellation, postponement, change of implementation methods.
In the case of cancellation, postponement, or change of implementation method of events and gatherings, the contents will be updated from time to time on the "Notice of Cancellation and Postponement of Events, associated with Prevention of The Spread of New Coronavirus Infection" page of the University website. If you have any questions, please check with the department or organization that hosts the event.
For more information, please refer to the University website.
(4) For events organized by students, faculty and staff members, and related parties of the University other than those of the University, please understand the above-mentioned policy and consider thorough thoughts of the necessity and rationality of the event.
5. Travel abroad
Travel abroad should be suspended to areas with "Risk" Level 4 (Evacuation Recommendation) and Level 3 (Recommendation for Discontinuation of Travel) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs" "Overseas Safety Information". For unnecessary and urgent travel to the "Risk" level 2 area, please consider canceling or postponing.For more information, please refer to the following Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
6. About Japanese and International Students（关于日本人留学生及留学生）
The information on this page is for all students, including international students.One of the special issues here is for students studying abroad which reads "Responses related to the new coronavirus-related infectious disease for Japanese and international students".In accordance with this request, the University will continue to respond flexibly to various related issues, therefore, please be aware of the information that will be updated.If you are currently a dispatched study-abroad student, please pay attention to the information that will be delivered separately by e-mail. For more information, please refer to the following websites of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).本网页的信息面向包含留学生在内的所有学生，针对留学生的相关信息可以参见“有关日本人留学生及外国人留学生新型冠状病毒相关传染病的应对措施”。本校将按照文部科学省的相关规定，灵活应对各种问题，请继续关注最新相关信息。派遣中的本校留学生请留意本校发送的相关邮件。详细信息请参考文部科学省网站。
7. Symptoms and Responses
(1) Not only respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, digestive symptoms such as anorexia, nausea, diarrhea, cranial nerve symptoms such as headache and dizziness, muscle pain, conjunctivitis, etc. have also been reported as initial symptoms.For more information, please refer to the following Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare website.
(2) Students, faculty and staff members who are diagnosed with a new coronavirus infection will be hospitalized or provided home medical treatment (students are prohibited from going to school, and faculty and staff members are prohibited from working). Please be sure to inform your affiliated department of that effect. After recuperation, you will be able to go to school and work by producing the medical certificate of your doctor who proves that you have been cured.
8. Responses to the new corona virus infection and suspected symptoms
9. Prevention of infection
All students, faculty and staff members, and stakeholders are asked to do the following:
(1) Hand washing with alcohol disinfectant or soap.
(2) Cough etiquette.
(3) Avoid crowded places as much as possible.
10.Attn: To all students currently studying abroad and prospective exchange students / Cancellation of All Overseas Exchange / Study Abroad Programs this spring
Due to the growing impact of the new coronavirus outbreak, the University has decided today to cancel all overseas study programs for this spring semester.
If the spread of the infection continues, it will impact not only the ability of our students to study, but will also bring a host of other difficulties. There may be departure restrictions, restrictions on immigration and movement and other currently unforeseen states of affairs in the respective destination countries, and thus there is grave concern that we shall not be able to dispatch rescue or relief personnel to the site in case of an emergency. We regard the safety of our students our top priority. Thus, in order to avoid such unforeseen circumstances, it is with great regret that we have decided to cancel all overseas study abroad programs.
As a result of this decision, all students currently studying abroad are requested to return to Japan as soon as possible.
Please note that you will need to stay at home for two weeks upon returning to Japan, and as posted on the University website, monitor your health and report any occurrence of illness.
11. Related information
Notice from the Faculties and Departments
(To be posted from time to time)
News from the University Headquarters
(To be posted from time to time)